Not sure what a fishtail is – well it is not a dress with scales! We have broken down the classic definitions that are used when describing the style of wedding dress to make your browsing easier!
1. Ballgown -the classic ‘Cinderella’ dress with a fitted bodice and a full skirt.
2. A-line – a gown with a skirt that flares out like the legs of an ‘A’, with vertical seams running from shoulders to hem.
3. Column – straight lines from the waist downwards.
4. Mermaid -the skirt flares out below the knee.
5. Fishtail -think, column with a twist: an extra panel of fabric fans out at the back of the skirt.
6.Empire line – a gown with the waistline pulled up right under the bust.
7. Sheath – a modern and sexy silhouette with no waistline; the skirt falls straight to the floor.